Thursday, September 23, 2010


    Injane
    By: Douglas Pearson

      I finally got sometime to check my email and much to my surprise I found this! The first chapter to the book Injane. This book was published August 2, 2010, but I hadn't even seen it on shelves. I have never heard of this author either. I decided to give it a go anyway and read the chapter.
     The chapter I read was quite interesting. It gives you a small peak into a girl named Jane's life. She had been going in and out of foster families because according to her file she is insane. A little less than halfway through the first chapter she gets adopted by a very "churchy" foster family, there she discusses with the reader what her visions look like.
      Sometimes the author made it a little unclear what he was talking about, but by the end of the chapter it all made sense. It left me wanting to go out and buy the book to find out what was going to happen to Jane and her visions. I enjoyed reading Jane's thoughts on what is going on around her. I found it odd that I haven't heard anything about this book. Thank you to the publisher for sending this chapter to me, I probably would have never found this without you. Next time I am out I will be looking for Injane to add to my book collection.

Most people think I'm crazy because I see things they cannot. But if they saw the blood and the torture, or felt an ounce of the pain I feel, they would know I'm not insane. No one believes me and that makes me more alone than I feel. To those who meet me for the first time, I'm Jane; once they hear my one-sided conversations and terrified screams, they refer to me as Injane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you thought about this book! Please post a comment!!