Thursday, August 26, 2010

Iron King
By: Julie Kagawa
Pages: 368
Publisher: Harlequin

   Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…

   Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.
   When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
   But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
   Wow! What a great book! I haven't read a Faerie book in a while and I was happy to have picked up this one. I spent hours straight reading this book, I even stayed up til' one in the morning! Oh, where do I start?
   Usually beginnings of books are a little slow, but this book was interesting right from the start. Meghan was very easy to relate to, like some of the ways she reacted to things made me say "I would have done the same thing!"
   I love Kagawa's Faery world! She described the world and the fey so well. The adventure that Meghan took was so intense, I kept flipping rapidly through the pages to find out what happened next. This book is beautifully written and the storyline is very good. The characters were unique and interesting enough to keep me wanting to read. I really liked Cait Sith, I found him quite true to his word and at times a bit heroic! I don't know any more ways to say that I loved this book!
                      I give it five out of five hearts :)

2 comments:

  1. oooh, I need a good faerie story. You've convinced me! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free Work at Home Job (11568)
    Work at home completing simple surveys from home. No
    registration fees. Join today For more information
    visit: (http://www.eazy2earn.com)http://www.madamebookworm.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you thought about this book! Please post a comment!!