Wednesday, August 11, 2010

City of Bones
By: Cassandra Clare
Pages: 512
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

   When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder — much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.

   Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....
   OK, to tell you the truth, when I saw this book in the store I did not want to read it. Boy, was I stupid! I got this book because someone suggested it to my mom and she went out and bought it. The cover is beautiful, first off, but the story inside makes it one of my favorite books. I love how it is so unique! It's not about vampires, or faeries (don't get me wrong I do enjoy a good faery or vampire book) its about her own unique idea!
  I loved going on this exciting journey with Clary! It was exciting and heartbreaking. Clare always kept some type of mystery with her characters. Something that by reading her whole series you would uncover their secrets. I enjoyed not knowing everything, it made me long for the next book even more! What kept me wanting more was the end. Oh, that dang ending.
  After reading that sentence, I freaked out. I needed the next book right then and there! I could not accept the fact that this was the end. Although the ending scared me, I liked how she was able to shock me.
  Clare is a wonderful author! I could visualize every piece of the book almost as if I was right there.  Her characters are so unique, that there is no way you would ever be able to forget them! The ending is shocking and unexpected. I highly recommend this book!
                                I give it a FIVE out of five hearts :)


 
  

2 comments:

  1. I just finished this book tonight. And I was mad! I could not believe what happened. (Not that I am going to tell)
    The story was great. It was very entertaining, and I never knew what was going to happen next. I loved all the twists and plots (even if they made me mad). They make all the fictional characters come alive in this book. It has vampires, werewolves, faeries, demons, warlocks, witches, and just about everything else in the fantasy world. There is love, hate, betrayal and more.
    I am so glad that I got started on this series. I have the next two ready to read. And I am looking forward to what happens next. The ending was unexpected, but I can't wait to find out what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these books I have read every one and just got done with them for a second time! You have a really good perspective of all the books you read and write about. Looking forward to hearing what you think about many other books.
    Your friend,
    Denver :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you thought about this book! Please post a comment!!