Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Inside Story (Sisters Grimm Series #8)
By: Michael Buckley
Pages: 288
Publisher: Abrams, Harry N., Inc.
    After the shocking ending of The Everafter War, this book picks up with Sabrina, Daphne, and Puck stuck in the Book of Everafter, where all the fairy tales are stored and enchanted characters can change their destinies. The girls (and Puck) must chase the Master through a series of stories, where they’re willing to change what they need in order to save their baby brother. Soon, however, they are confronted by the Editor—the book’s guardian—who, along with an army of tiny monsters known as Revisers, threatens the children with dire consequences if they don’t stick to the stories. As they chase their quarry and dodge the Revisers, they meet Alice, Mowgli, Jack the Giant Killer, Hansel and Gretel, the Headless Horseman, and more. But will they find their brother in time?

   I know I don't have any of the earlier books in this series posted with a review, so if you haven't read this series I will try and do my best in explaining it to you. I love, love, love this series! I started to read the first book a while back, and I ended up really enjoying it. This series is about two sisters who are about twelve and eight. They had been passed from bad foster home to bad foster home. I am not going to tell anymore other than they find out all  fairy tales that have ever been written are true and they are related to the Brothers Grimm.
   I know this is a children's book and that I am a little old to be reading it, but they are just so good! Michael Buckley introduces you to old fairytale characters with new personalities. You find things out about these fairytale characters that you grew up with that you would have never thought of!
   My favorite character of all time is Puck! Yes, this is the same Puck from Shakespeare's A Mid-Summer's Night Dream. He is so mischievous and I enjoy every minute of it! I feel bad for his victim, Sabrina. Sabrina Grimm is the older of the two sisters. She has a hard time in the beginning believing all this "nonsense" with the Everafters (fairytale characters.) The little sister, Daphne, on the other hand dives into the family business right away.
   This book was a great addition to this wonderful series. You get to learn even more about the Everafters history. I love how Sabrina and Daphne became characters in the fairy tales, that part was hilarious. I don't I will ever get enough of Puck! His idea of "marriage" is so funny. He literally made me laugh out loud in this book. The combination of him and Sabrina in this book is great! Both characters made so I didn't want to put the book down. I had to keep reading to find out what fairytale they went into next and trouble they would cause. The ending left me LONGING for more. Thank you Michael Buckley!
                                  I give it five out of five hearts:)

3 comments:

  1. Excellent review Melissa! You are definitely right, even middle-aged persons can read this. It can be a part of my collection of books. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Is A Time Of Digitization, We Offer You Programming(11562)

    With Best PHP Programming It Is Best, It Is Cheapest,
    We Are Introducing Now The New Techniques Of PHP Programming,
    Viruses & Hacker Now Should Be Forget You Site
    For More Details www.bestonlinejob.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Is A Time Of Digitization, We Offer You Programming(11562)

    With Best PHP Programming It Is Best, It Is Cheapest,
    We Are Introducing Now The New Techniques Of PHP Programming,
    Viruses & Hacker Now Should Be Forget You Site
    For More Details www.bestonlinejob.net

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you thought about this book! Please post a comment!!